The fully automatic pipetting system capable of a high level of throughput
The Personal Pipettor (PP) is a popular series of affordable liquid handling systems with the versatility and reliability required for today’s demanding laboratory environment. The PP series offers the majority of automated features that many laboratories need at a reasonable price, making it possible for each technician to truly have their own “personal” pipettor. This is the ORIGINAL "Personal Pipettor", introduced by Apricot Designs in the 1990's as the groundbreaking approach to high-performance, lower-priced automated pipetting.
The PP-M series uses Apricot Designs’ unique head design which employs high-precision manufacturing to produce reasonably-priced heads that are independent of the pipetting mechanism. The PP-M electronically clamps the pipetting heads in a manner of seconds, allowing simple and easy set-up for the task at hand. It will automatically index the pipetting head via software programming if necessary for accessing 384-well plates with a 96-channel version or 1536-well plates with a 384-channel version. It also will automatically index for performing serial dilutions by column or row.
Article No.: PP-384-125
An Overview of the Product Features:
Features and Benefits
- Flexible design for liquid transfers and pipetting operations for 96, 384 and 1536-well microplates.
- Can also be used for serial dilutions by row or column.
- 5-position deck with wash station allows walkaway plate reformatting of 4x96 to 1x384 or 4x96.
- Reduce the tedium and potential repetitive motion injuries that come with multiple hand-held pipettings.
- Uses the unique easy-change head system from Apricot Designs, allowing the user to build a diverse head library with a reasonable investment. The heads are interchangeable with other Apricot pipettors.
- Intuitive graphical user interface via serial interface control via laptop or desktop PC.
- Small footprint conserves bench space and fits easily into suitable-sized hoods.
- Fixed tip heads with 8, 12, 16, 24, 96 and 384 channels.
- Tip washing system with recirculating pump.
- Optional Bluetooth wireless control for serial connection to computer.
- Plate replication
- Plate reformatting
- Reagent addition
- Compound addition
- Serial dilution (by column)
Dispensing Precision and Accuracy
- Dispensing Precision: <3% CV at 1 µl
- Dispensing Accuracy: +/- 2% at 1 µl
- Dispensing Precision: 0,1 µl
- Volume: 0,5 to 550 µl
- Dimensions: 483 x 711 x 597 mm (BxTxH)
- Weight: 45 kg